In this episode, Artur Ortega explains to Stefan Tilkov what GraphQL is, how it came to be, and how it differs from REST. Predictably, the two debate whether it’s better or not, but also spend some time going over its technical details and applicability to different usage scenarios.Read transcript
- What is GraphQL?
- Why use GraphQL?
- Why not use GraphQL?
- The GraphQL specification
- Implementations of GraphQL
- Thinking in Graphs
- Real-Time APIs using GraphQL Subscriptions
- Talk From the Creators of GraphQL at Facebook
- Talk by Joey Nenni of Paypal about GraphQL Security
- What is Apollo Federation
- Talk about the architecture of Apollo Federation
- How Netflix Scales its API with GraphQL Federation